Mooove in! (Dava’s UT move date)
Would stay over in San Marcos on the night of August 18th, Move things and stay over in Austin the night of August 19th, and mooove in the morning of August 20th. Masks are not optional.
- Centralized check-in kicks off the Longhorn Welcome Signature Events and is when most students move into the residence halls.
- Between 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. students pick up their room keys at UFCU Disch-Falk Field before moving their belongings into their respective residence halls.
- Guests are asked to stay in their car within East Campus Garage while the student picks up their room key and UT ID card. Parking is free at East Campus Garage, 1200 E Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Austin TX 78702, off of the I-35 Frontage Road.
- Note: Between 5 – 7 a.m. and 8 – 9 p.m. there is no check-in available as we relocate room keys.
- Officially schedule your check-in time. Sign up for a check-in time before August 9. The check-in scheduler is available on your housing portal page beginning in early July. We will send an email to all contract holders when the check-in scheduler is available.
- The check-in scheduler helps limit the amount of traffic on campus. Traffic is typically lighter during early morning or late evening check-in times.
- Where is centralized check-in? UFCU Disch-Falk Field located at 1300 E Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Austin TX 78702. Use the Centralized check-in Residence Hall Route Map below or click DFF on this map to locate UFCU Disch-Falk Field.
Click on map image to access a printable version.
- Why am I going to UFCU Disch-Falk Field? The majority of students check-in during Centralized check-in, so we host a key pick up at UFCU Disch-Falk Field to accommodate everyone faster. We estimate your wait time will be 15 – 20 minutes to get your keys once you are in line at UFCU Disch-Falk Field. All residents must pick up their keys from UFCU Disch-Falk Field prior to unloading at their residence hall.
- Please arrive during your allotted time. If a traffic jam or unexpected delay causes you to be a few minutes late, don’t worry. Relax and drive safely. You do not need to notify University Housing and Dining (UHD) that you are running a few minutes late. However, if you are running hours (or a day) late, try to update the check-in scheduler online or email UT Housing.
- Staff will be wearing official Mooov-In t-shirts. They will be able to help you with any questions.
- What to expect when checking in
- Bring your UT ID card or photo ID to the check-in location.
- You will receive your room key and bathroom code, if applicable. Your UT ID card will be activated for access to your residence hall and loaded with your meal plan.
- After you accept your key, you cannot be released from your contract. The 2020-2021 housing contract ends May 19, 2021. Refer to the Housing Terms and Conditions for further information.
- For information on what to pack, visit our What To Bring page.
- Unloading and parking
- During check-in at UFCU Disch-Falk Field you will receive a 1-hour unloading pass. Only one pass will be issued per resident.
- Parking is limited, so please bring only needed vehicles to campus during this time. Cars with trailers may be difficult to find parking for in unloading zone spaces and will not fit in the decks, and therefore are not recommended.
- Designated unloading zones are available around each residence hall. Once you finish unloading your things or if your unloading pass expires, you can park your car in a nearby garage. Vehicles that remain past their sixty-minute period will be ticketed.
This event has a video call.